Monday, May 19, 2008

Charlie's first haircut

Charlie is known for his hair, whether at church, the doctor's office, or the grocery store, people always comment on Charlie's "DO". One of my favorites went something like this; "Hey, look at that kid's hair, he looks like he just got out of the dryer!" Well, the poofy, fluffy, cuteness was getting a bit out of control! Seeing this picture on my friend Jenny's blog made me decide it was time to give Charlie a haircut.
BEFORE:
(I think this picture looks like the real Donald Trump do.)
Let the haircutting begin! I actually cut most of it while Charlie was in the bathtub, he was so still sucking on one of his bath toys that I took advantage of the situation. Then I finished off by distracting him with what else... FOOD!!!!
DURING:
AFTER:
"Mom I hate it, what did you do to my hair?"

"Fine, I guess I will just have to learn to love it!"

8 comments:

Rachel B. said...

No, not the hair!!! Actually I think the finished product is pretty darn cute. I'm impressed that you did it yourself and that he held still enough for it. I tried trimming Reese's mullet when she was 6 months old and I did the worst hack job! It was so bad that Tom's teasing made me cry. I'm so glad his hair is still all stylin' and spiky.

Katie said...

Nice do! He is such a cutie pie!

Amy said...

He's cute no matter what his hair-do. I like it short...it lets his irresistably cute face stand out.

Ginger said...

I think it looks great! It's so hard to cut their hair when they're little. I still have a chore trying to get Ben's done. I have to basically sit on him to get his cut and snot it dripping everywhere like a St. Bernard. Nice image I know, but it's about that crazy.

Elise said...

Oh how cute! Just in time for the big 1st birthday too!
By the way--yes, let's go to Disneyland, and dare I say "GIRLS NIGHT!?" Ride a few rides, get an ice cream cone, party 'til midnight. Thas whut I'm talkin' about!
Sure sure. . . we'll take the kids too sometime :)

Momoo Sherie said...

I love the haircut! Just in time for the big 1st birthday. Let me be the first to wish him HAPPY BIRTHDAY before he even wakes up. I'm sending the present today. Got it in New York at the Disney store. That store puts the Disneyland stores to shame.

I still have Adam's choked up phone call from the day he was born on my phone. Too, bad I can't forward it to you so Charlie could hear it in the future.

Helena said...

NOOOO not the hair!!! His new lid is super cute but I have to say, I am still pretty sad.

Becca said...

I love that he still held on to some spike!!!!