Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The wild weekend continues!!

It was not enough that Adam stole my thunder during my pregnancy by having his ACL surgery during my 7th month, but to make matters worse, two days after Charlie was born, Adam was wheeled down to the ER directly from the Mother/Baby unit of the hospital where he would eventually have to have his appendix removed. Adam had been complaining of a stomach ache all night and I was not having it! I think my exact words were, "Please Adam, I know you are having gas pains but I just had a BABY!!!" I came downstairs to visit Adam before his appendectomy. (Here, both Koch's were wearing hospital gowns and separated by 3 floors in the same hospital.)

3 comments:

grannybabs said...

When I was born 62 years ago, my dad was in the hospital with an appendicitis attack! My mom had two other kids at home, so my Grandpa Clayton had to stay with them. My mom's folks were in Florida on a trip. So my mom had to take a taxi to the hospital. They would wheel my dad down to visit my mom - in those days women stayed 2 weeks.

I heard the story my whole life - and loved the fact that there was so much drama surrounding my birth.

Hopefully little Charlie will feel the same way!

And mucho congrats - he's darling!!

clob said...

adam is such a diva! he can't let nora and charlie have the spotlight for one shining moment.

congrats on the little dude. glad to hear everyone is okay.

The Sorensens said...

I cannot believe it! What crazy timing! You guys are looking fantastic (particularly Charlie) :o). Hope you guys are loving parenthood. It only gets better...and crazier!