Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's Only Just Begun!


Adam just finished his 4th and final Fantasy Football draft and commented, "There, ALL DONE!!" I told him, "Actually, IT'S ONLY JUST BEGUN!!" The games... most often two channels at a time. The computer time... checking scores, picking players. The cheering for the quarterback on one team and the wide receiver on another team... all the while wanting the running back to score because that is where "the points" are given.

You may be asking, why four different leagues? I ask myself the same question. The answer, I have a loyal husband. His mission league: We've been doing it since 2000. Friends league: I've got to be in the league with all my buddies. Two family leagues: Come on, it's family. What a guy!

10 comments:

Rachel B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel B. said...

Of course he's got to be in a league with his BUDDIES. :) Um, I wish I was a nicer wife, but I have grown to HATE sports. There's ALWAYS something and it takes up way too much time. Hopefully you're nicer and more patient than me! At this very moment I'm listening to tennis in the background.

Amy said...

Oh, please don't remind me...I was just thinking tonight, "so this is why Dave and I get in so many fights this time of year." It's finally clicking that football season is fighting season around here. Please help me bear through it better this time...the noise, the yelling, the glued to the TV/can't hear children or wife time has begun. Heaven help us all.

Elise said...

Don't get me wrong--I actually like to watch football with Jason, but sometimes I feel like football is "the other woman." You are right. . . it has only just begun!! As a matter of fact, he is watching a UCLA game as I write. Careful honey--you know what happens when I feel like second priority :)

Riewerts' said...

tear...

Brigham said...

Adam, last year was my rookie season at FF. I had Brady, Moss and Tomlinson. Needless to say, I dominated the Super Bowl. So this time I'm sitting out, letting others have the chance at the green jacket. Hopefully you'll sip from the goblet of victory this year.

Morph This said...

Football can bite me. so can adam... and baker.

Shannan said...

bless your heart for still loving him

Shelley said...

I thought I was the luckiest woman in the world when I fell for a guy who doesn't watch sports! Then, after marriage, I found out about the video games. Why oh why didn't anyone warn me about this??? :) I think that probably everyone assumed this was something I'd actually discovered while dating. Maybe it's better I didn't know! But honestly, the guys are so darn lovable anyway. I'm glad to know that other hubbies have their vices too.

Jody and Jake Moore said...

Please tell him not to tell Jake about his Fantasty Football leagues. Jake could get hooked on that easily.