Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Party Hardy.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! We had an awesome New Year's Eve. Thanks to my party-planner sister, Emily, the kids did not miss out on the fun. It all started with some party hats, then the cousins all sat on the back porch and threw "poppers" on the cement, followed by some serious gaming.
Charlie had a blast! I am sad I did not get any pictures of June but she was in the background of it all enjoying the chaos. The kids played musical chairs (Alli made sure she won every time), they raced toy cars down a ramp (Adam made sure Alli did not win every time) and they played a few rounds of Duck-Duck-Goose.


Here is the party planner in full effect. After organizing all the games and activities for the night we decided that she needs to open a Daycare!
A little dance party...

Some Martinelli's...
And some celebrating...
Then off to bed. The "kid party" started at 6, was over by 7, and they were all sleeping by 8. That is what I call a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Cute post...fun night! I have to say I am going to miss the "party planner." She has been the best entertainer for the kids!

Emily said...

Great post to sum up all the events...I will be missed :)

Desirae said...

How fun! Can we rent Emily next time she comes for a visit? J/K. I really like all the stockings your mom hung on the mantle. How did she get so many of them to look like they coordinate? Y'all sure do know how to party! I love that the kids got an early celebration of their own. At first I was thinking that they were looking pretty high-spirited for staying up so late! Then of course I read about the kids' party hours. Were your brothers party of the party too?

Amy said...

That's my kind of party--short and early end time! Great idea. Dave was scrolling through your posts and thought a couple of them were him (really Adam). I guess they look more alike than we think. :)

grandma graham said...

What a Great way to start the new year.... With all my Family!!! I love you all xoxo