Wednesday, January 20, 2010

We are FAM-A-LEE



the Grahams
the Martinos (minus Ben)
the Grahams
the Kochs
the Menloves
We took some family pictures in my mom's backyard over the holidays, it's been a long time since our last family pic. Ben was the only one not there but thanks to Photoshop it will be like he never left! The picture below was taken on a whim, someone said "What about one with just the original Grahams." As the pictures were being taken I could not help but have an overwhelming feeling like someone was missing. I kept looking around feeling like the picture was not complete. Then my eyes got teary; the picture is not complete. Someone is definitely missing. I don't think we have taken a picture with just my mom and us five kids since my dad has been gone. It felt weird while we were taking it and it looks incomplete to me now. I guess it will always feel like someone is missing but I am happy to have frequent reminders, especially in the personalities of my kids, of how close my dad really is.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Awww, sweet post!

Robyn said...

I love the signs in the back! Beautiful family!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

What a cute family! You all look so much alike!

grannybabs said...

You know your family is getting big when you can't really get everyone together at one time!! We seem to have an hour or two when everyone's around - but it seems like a baby is always sleeping, so we don't get a photo!!

Yours are great shots - and everyone misses your dad!! How he would have loved being with all of you as your family grows. I can just imagine him and what he would say and do!!

Fortunately for all of us, you guys do a great job of carrying on his legacy of love and warmth!

C4 McKendrick said...

I agree with you Barbara!
-Calvin

grandma graham said...

And What a GREAT family it is!!!!!!!!!!!! xox

Desirae Badger said...

I like the last picture the best. Who said anything about grandkids being like the original Charles D? I think daughter #2 is as qualified a candidate as any!

Desirae Badger said...

Emily did a great job of juggling the girls for the picture! Way to go Supermom!

Elise said...

Love the pictures. Your dad must be so proud of you all!!