Thursday, September 30, 2010

Girls Weekend.

Hallelujah! That was the theme for our girls weekend. Our husbands got mad that we were calling it a girls "weekend" when really it was longer than that. We left Wednesday (Sept. 15) during the kids nap time to head up north and we were gone til Sunday. (We were sad Kenna, and Melinda couldn't make it, but you better believe we will be doing it again.) We spent a day in San Francisco shopping, eating... then more shopping and more eating.
(In case any of you were wondering why I look 3 months pregnant in the picture below... I DON'T KNOW!! This was only our first day there, so it was not like I had been stuffing my face all weekend.)

We hit up the spa at our hotel every night. It was crazy to do things like this without having kids to look after.
Something else I got used to in the 4 nights we were gone was SLEEPING IN. We pulled the blinds and cranked up the A/C. I think one morning we did not get out of bed until 10 a.m. (I am so thankful that my friend Sarah (and Nicole and Stephanie) helped take care of the kiddos while Adam was at work. They had to deal with June getting the stomach bug. Adam was a trooper too. He cleaned up throw-up and let Junie snuggle next to him all night long.)
On Saturday (Sept. 18) my cousin Sara got married. Going to her wedding is what prompted this whole trip in the first place. I had a blast getting ready for the big event with my mom and sisters. It was a ton of fun hanging out with family all night.
The bride.
M.O.B (Aunt Cass) and F.O.B (Uncle Dan)

My grandma, Mimi, is hilarious. She LOVES to dance and is always the first one on the dance floor and can totally keep up with everyone else.
(This is a classic Mimi move: the point and shake)
This man (who might of had a bit too much to drink) came up to Mimi and started going crazy dancing waaaay too fast for her. We were all trying to cut in so she would not fall but he was oblivious, having a grand old time swinging my grandma around.

Party animals.
Here is my mom getting tossed like crazy by her cousin. I think they were trying to do some swing dancing. My mom is literally being flown from one corner of the room to another and totally cracking up the entire time. Too funny!

It was such a fun trip. I LOVED every minute of it. Thanks to my mom and sisters for making it so memorable.

4 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Oh my word, so fun! I can't even imagine having a week(end) that long away from kiddos. Heaven. You girls are all so cute. Glad you had fun. And I totally remember Mimi bustin' a groove at your wedding.

Katie said...

Sounds like so much fun! Makes me want to plan a weekend get away with the girls in my fam!

grannybabs said...

This makes me long for a weekend with my mom and 5 sisters - it could happen!!

Momoo Sherie said...

I want to be just like Mimi when I grow up!! I guess I better keep my dance moves going, and quit worrying about all the teasing I get(from the brothers). I guess when you get to be our age, it doesn't matter how you look, just that you're out there dancing. Keep it up Mimi!!