Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Tantrums.

I think I might have to rank June-bug #1 at throwing the best tantrums ever! It can be annoying but for some reason it is so hilarious many times. Brace yourself for:

June Koch's Top 3 Tantrums.

  1. The poop protest. We were walking out the door to go to church (which is a process in and of itself: Adam leaves early for meetings, I get kids ready, get self ready, get snacks, activities to keep kids reverent, etc.) when June says "I have to go poop!" Fine, I thought, now she won't have to go while we are at church. So she finished up, I wiped her, then the tantrum began. It went something like this: kicking, screaming, rolling on the bathroom floor, yelling repeatedly: "I wanna wipe my poops!" Windows were open, neighbors were home. I put her skirt back on, carried her to the car and she continued to scream "I wanna wipe my poops!" I am such a mean mom for not letting my two year old wipe herself. Oh wait, I tried that once and decided never again!
  2. Homeless man steals donuts. I went to the drive-thru pharmacy to pick up a prescription for the kids. As I was waiting for the pharmacist to hand over the meds this homeless man walked up between the wall of the drive-thru and my car, totally scaring me. He asked for money, I had none. So I handed him some left-over donuts we had in the car from Charlie's birthday that morning. June flipped! As the man walked away June started thrashing in her car seat "NOoooooo! MY DONUTS! DON'T TAKE MY DONUTS!" I quickly rolled up the windows, laughing inside. Sorry June-bug, I don't expect you to "get it" but I promise you that was the right thing to do.
  3. Naked in Target. While shopping at Target June grabbed a bag of chips. I told her to put them back... she refused so I put them back for her. Cue tantrum. She was so angry. As she stood there in the back of the shopping cart she was so filled with anger that she did not know what to do with herself. She decided to take her shoes off and chuck them across the store. I know she just wanted a reaction from me so I ignored it and kept walking. I felt so calm, like: oh well, there go your shoes! June got really ticked because I kept ignoring her tantrum so she decided to rip off her skirt and undies... trying to get naked in Target. She out-smarted me... I reacted. That little rascal.

5 comments:

Linds Barttels said...

are you kidding!? i'd throw a tantrum if someone gave away my donuts, too! ;)

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Ok, she is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

HA! You better watch out when those toddler tantrums turn to teenager tantrums. Maybe she'll head for the strip one of these times you're in town. ;)

Momoo Sherie said...

She is quite the character! The church one brings back memories of Sunday mornings, trying to get the kids ready. I think that's when I started being late for church and I haven't caught up yet.

grannybabs said...

I just spent 3 weeks with Eliza when she had her baby - and I saw my share of unique tantrums!! I told Eliza it was justice - because she used to be my tantrum thrower!