Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Girls Weekend.


I told my unborn son that he was not invited to attend "girls weekend" since he was a boy, I am happy to say that he listened. I was a little worried planning this so close to my due-date but other than a few fat pictures and some seriously swollen feet, I made it! It was great spending time with the girls (we missed you Melinda) and we look forward to continuing this tradition over the years. In the past we have done a Glen Ivy spa-day, a trip to Chicago, and a trip to San Francisco. This year we went to Indio, just outside of Palm Springs. It was close-by (in case I went into labor) but it was the perfect get-away and break from motherly duties.
We were greeted with an editable arrangement from sweet Ryan Menlove that we enjoyed for the entire weekend.
We "crafted" until the wee hours of the night. We all read the book The Help before our trip and then we went to see the movie. It was awesome. And of course we shopped... in style! I have been dying to ride the "SmarttKarts" at Target because it is taxing to haul my pregnant body around any store. I could not bring myself to hop on one of those things by myself so having the girls with me was the perfect excuse to make a fool of myself.
Let's just say it was a successful shopping weekend for all. It even involved a little altercation over a rug between me and an angry menopausal lady at Target. I won... but I did jump off the SmartKart for that one!
Thanks girls for the memories. Until next year...

No comments: