Thursday, February 2, 2012

4 months.

Sweet Nolan. I feel like it has taken four months but this little guy has finally adjusted to life on earth. He had his first cold and was put on an antibiotic for a bronchial infection. While we were at the doctor we discovered that Nolan had only gained 12 ounces in two months (weight: 11lbs. 12 oz.). There is no chub on him and that is something I am not used to from anyone in our family. The doctor put him on some special formula to fatten him up. He is completely bottle-fed now and he is much happier now that I am not starving him. Nolan LOVES his hands and he pretty much chews on them all day. He has also become a total chatter-box which brightens my day to hear such sweet sounds. We love having this little man in our family and we are glad he loves us too!


3 comments:

Shelley said...

He is ADORABLE! I'm used to having little babies...it's stressful but, I know, that it all works out in the end.

Rachel B. said...

He looks so different to me than your other babies. Maybe a little more like Adam?? I don't know, but he for sure is dang cute! We went through the same thing with Everett as far as "starving" him. I felt so bad, but it's tricky to really know for sure. So glad he's lovin' life now!

Momoo Sherie said...

It's hard to believe, but my babies were always skinny and didn't gain much weight, specially when I was nursing. Don't let the doctor fatten him up too much on formula. My mother gave me extra-rich formula when I was a baby, and the rest is history.