Thursday, August 2, 2007

Our trip to Mexico

It has been a busy month full of adventures. We spent 5 days in Mexico on a trip Adam won from being such a hard worker!! We had a difficult time getting there because we could not prove that Charlie's passport information was in progress. (It's a long story...) The entire airport portion of the trip was drama... it included 2 missed flights, our video camera being left on the plane (my fault, but we got it back), a cell phone being left on the airport shuttle 2 different times, and a piece of our luggage not making it home. All that drama was worth it though because the trip itself was so much fun.

This is the view from the balcony of our hotel room. During our stay Adam swam with the dolphins and took a zip-line through the desert. After he came back from his adventures each morning I spent the afternoon in the hotel spa getting a mani, pedi, facial, and massage. I decided that I can get used to all that pampering.

We met up with the Hoggan's and spent much of the week with them. Carter works for Pfizer and has been friend's with Adam for long time. It was so nice because they brought their 5 month old Ryder. Adam and Carter hung out with each other while Kaylee and I nursed the boys and chilled by the pool together!!
This is Maricela, Charlie's first babysitter. The last night of our trip there was a big dinner... NO KIDS ALLOWED!!! The hotel provided a "certified babysitter" to watch Charlie and Ryder (our friend's little boy). We were just downstairs in a banquet room so we ran upstairs every hour to check on things. All went well and Charlie behaved like a champ!

We packed Charlie's bouncer... best idea EVER!!! Adam and I hung out at the pool while Charlie slept. I think the sound of the waves crashing in the distance helped him to sleep an extra long time.
My two mariachi boys! Viva MEXICO!!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Good post! I love how you and Adam are holding hands in the picture of you three and Charlie's and Adams matching hats. Did you buy those?

Ginger said...

Sweet picture of you and Charlie wearing the hats. Reminds me of you and Dad at Disneyworld a few years ago. We'll add it to the montage.

Shelley said...

WOW! That looks so fun - I'm jealous! Nora, you're not allowed to look so good in a bathing suit so soon after having a baby! :)

Hoagland Family said...

What a fun trip. Anything including the word "Spa" sounds like a dream:)
Hey... we are coming your way in a week. Love to see you all and see cute Charlie!

Morph This said...

Oh I am so jealous.. the hour we spent at the Mora Kai Pool yesterday is about as close to spa as I am going to get anytime soon.

Becca said...

Sounds like a great trip! I love your bathing suit by the way! I want it...oh wait, I could never fill it out! oh well!

Tamara said...

Wow. You guys are quite the traveling family. Good for you. Live it up while you can!!!