Monday, May 19, 2008

A bruise, a ball, and some Cheerios.

It was so hot yesterday so we filled up the pool for Charlie to splash around in. At first the water was super cold so Charlie just sat there, but then he started getting brave. He stood up near the edge of the pool and held onto my knees while I was sitting there close to him. Faster than I could react Charlie slipped right between my legs and face-planted onto the concrete. Poor boy, he has a big ol' bruise on his noggin. It all happened while I was talking on the phone so when I got "the look" from Adam I determined, IT WAS ALL MY FAULT!!
The nice thing was, a whiffle ball and a few Cheerios later... Charlie was all better and back to his happy self!!


9 comments:

Helena said...

Oh poor little guy--the bruise is huge. Good thing he is a trooper. Whenever Kevin is complaining a ball and food makes him feel all better too--haha.

Mama Bear said...

Oh...poor thing! Glad he is easy to comfort! I guess that means it couldn't have been that bad! An M&M always makes Meredith stop crying instantly! :)

Emily said...

wow, he did get it good. He looks so old in his swim trunks

Elise said...

And so it begins. . .

Ginger said...

Adam, quit giving that look!

Becca said...

and he still has a smile on his face!

Momoo Sherie said...

He is such a boy! He does take after his father. If he's anywhere as active as Adam, this is just the beginning. And it isn't your fault Nora! Don't let Adam give you the guilt trip. Hopefully Charlie has the Koch bones, because they are tough ones. Although Adam has managed to break some in his old age. I guess I should still be watching him, so he doesn't hurt himself.

Shannan said...

ohhh the LOOK! I get it ALL the time it must be a vegas thing.

Dave said...

I'm sure there'll be plenty of times to return "the look." When Bradley was only a few months old, Dave would do that "Koch standing trick" (whatever it's called) so Bradley's legs were super stiff. One time he was showing me how Bradley could "stand" up against the couch & yelled at me to go get the video camera. When I came running into the room with it, I caught on tape Bradley face-planting into the carpet, as Dave smiled into the camera (not paying attention). Needless to say, he got "the look."