Monday, June 30, 2008

Aloha!

We just got back from a fabulous trip to Hawaii. We had so much fun hanging out with family and enjoying all Kauai had to offer. Adam and I went to Kauai on our honeymoon so this trip was a bit different with Charlie, but enjoyable nonetheless. Some of our favorite stops included Jo Jo's Shave Ice, the restaurant Hamura Saimin and their unique cuisine, and the melt in your mouth filet at Kintaro's that I have thought about since our honeymoon three years ago ... oh wait, we did do more than just eat while we were there! We loved the rope swing at Kipu Falls, hiking down to Wailua Falls, and snorkeling at Tunnels Beach. Charlie had a great time splashing in the ocean with with his cousin Reese and going on walks in the early morning with Momoo and Dadoo. We had such a fun time with everyone, thanks for such an enjoyable trip!

While we were there Adam turned a whopping 32 years old
...but despite his old age he is still hotter than ever!
Highlights from the week: We saw a shark one day while we were playing at the beach. Just so you know, it was much scarier than it looks!
Adam and I took Charlie for a walk one morning. While we were walking it started to pour gigantic drops of rain. We took cover under a tree and as soon as it started to clear up we saw this beautiful rainbow. I love special little moments like that!

After a fun-filled day at Tunnels Beach we stopped at Bubba Burger for a late lunch. There, Adam spotted the actor Rob Lowe. The funny thing is instead of getting a picture with him we asked him to take a picture of us. Nice photo Rob-dogg!!

9 comments:

Elise said...

Ahhhh. . . that was so refreshing to watch. The slide show, the music, the shaved ice. . . it really "brought me there." Then it was all over and I realized that I was still here in my stinky apartment. :)
Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you guys had a great time, and HELLO fun rope swing! Me want to try!

Morph This said...

Love Adams farmers tan, and love little Charlie. We missed you guys though!

Becca said...

stop posting things that make us 1. hate being land locked and 2. day dream of vaca as cool as that!!!

Helena said...

Great pics and video (I love that song). Looks like you guys had a great trip. It made me so nostalgic from when Kevin and I visited Kauii--I love the shaved ice and food too...oh yeah, the beach, island and hanging with my hubby was great as well--haha.

Emily said...

Adam.....Well I guess that Rob Lowe and I have something in common, you ask us both to take pictures of you...WOW, seriously even Rob Lowe...

Laura Call said...

Happy (belated) Birthday Adam!! What a way to spend your b-day... in Hawaii! Glad you guys had such a great time and thanks for making the rest of us jealous!

Also, just so you guys know... our daughter, Chloe, is growing "Charlie" hair. As soon as Chloe's hair started standing straight up Tyler said, "Dude, she has Charlie hair!" Anyway, I just posted about it on my blog and referred to your blog in regards to Charlie's hair... I hope you don't mind. It's too bad we don't live closer... Chloe and Charlie would make a great pair!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Oh I love Hawaii. It is the greatest place on earth...or atleast the greatest one that I have been to:) Looks like it was so fun. Tell happy "late" birthday from us! We are coming out there in Sept. and wanted to see if we could meet up with you guys so we could see Charlie!

AmberBaker said...

You are so lucky. I love Hawaii. Cute photo of Charlie in the shark towel.

Unknown said...

Adam hotter than ever? Debatable. He looked pretty sitting down to a plate of mongu in the DR.

Hey Adam, it's Matt Hunter. Johnny B's brother Rich sent me a link to your blog. I see you guys were in California recently. Next time let me know and we'll get our families together. You can always stay at our place. Later.