Thursday, July 10, 2008

Sweet land of liberty...

We had a very fun-filled 4th of July weekend. It started with a family bike ride down to Main Street to watch the Independence Day Parade. Our sweet friends, the Hixson's, offered up their front yard and had a fabulous BBQ... so much fun!

Charlie started off riding with Gracie but he kept grabbing her pacifier and bopping her on the head so we decided to put him with sweet Zachy-boy. After that, Joshua and Grace rode together. Josh was nowhere near the age or weight requirement to be in a bike trailer but as Jen always says, by the time you have your third you just do what works!

Sweet Zachy-boy managed to fall fast asleep on the ride home, even with Charlie poking him the entire time.
Cute Alli was so proud to be on the big bike with her dad.
After all these years Jen still had the skills to ride with no hands.
Later that night we rode back down to watch the fireworks off the pier.

5 comments:

Jen said...

We had sooo much fun!! My favorite picture is the one with Zachary asleep and Charlie smerking and poking away. It describes their personalities to a tee! Thanks for a fun weekend.

Momoo Sherie said...

I'm jealous! Ask David about our
4th of July. It was a marathon hike up the back of Black Mountain so that we could "see" fireworks. I think David was trying to kill me off as payback for "us leaving him home from every family vacation" his whole life. Next year we want to be invited to the festivities. I might be able to ride a bike better than hike two miles "uphill, both ways" only to arrive too late to see any fireworks. At least I have something to tease David about for years to come! I guess that made it worth it. I'm going out and buying a beachcruiser for Dad and me, tomorrow. Sounds like you guys had a great 4th.

Helena said...

Looks like an awesome 4th. I love all the pics. Must have been a full house---I love that.

Rachel B. said...

Even though I hate fireworks, that looks like a pretty cool setting to be able to watch them on the beach. You guys are definitely in perfect location for fun activities like that. The picture of Charlie poking Zachary is pretty dang cute. I also love how they're matching.

Dixons said...

Your post made me so homesick for HB! Looks like you had a great time...and you got some really cute pics! Charlie is getting so big!!!!