Tuesday, July 29, 2008

WARNING: He's not going in for a kiss

Charlie has always been a fan of putting things in his mouth. I thought it was all magnified by the fact that he was crawling and only a few inches from the floor, so naturally every piece of fuzz or dirt went straight to his mouth. Charlie is officially walking as of this week (yeah!) but his oral fixation has not stopped. The other day the little stinker actually started leaning in as I was holding him and he tried biting my eyelashes of all things! This post is a tribute to some of the things that have been in Charlie's mouth...
Christmas lights
feet
shoes
mini-blinds
toilet paper
sunblock
sand (by the handful)
I have had a few friends think it is so cute that Charlie goes charging for their child with his mouth open "trying to give a kiss!" At first I thought that was the case, but then I realized it was their head and hair he was interested in, not a kiss. He bites the fur on the fuzzy animal book we read and he does the same thing to his stuffed animals. What the heck... and poor Zachary!

7 comments:

Helena said...

I love it! He reminds me of Kevin..he will eat anything that does not bite him first.
I love the pics. walking down memory lane is great.

Jen said...

You forgot to add Emily's toe nails that she picked and threw on your carpet! My favorite picture is the mini blinds. Too cute!

Shelley said...

hilarious nora! i'm sure you are enjoying the new walking charlie. congrats. i knew it was only a matter of time and i'm sure he's an expert already. we (the husbands included) will have to get together soon before we head back to Utahrr.

Emily said...

Charlie can take a bite of my hair anytime...he's sooo cute!

Elise said...

That is funny! Maybe he will be a professional food taster, or maybe he will be on Fear Factor someday and make you proud with all of the weird things he puts in his mouth (not to mention the $50,000 prize if he wins).
What a fun kid!

diana said...

That is awesome! He is so cute. We need to get together so our little ones can take turns trying to eat each other.

Brigham said...

You guys should bring a bag of sand instead of cheerios to sacrament meeting.