Saturday, February 14, 2009

My Valentine!

Back when Adam and I were still dating, I made him this book for Valentine's Day. We were at the point in our relationship where we had not said I love you yet. So I titled the book: ...100 Reasons to Smile instead of: 100 Things I Love About You... cheesy, I know. Anyway, here are a few of the things about Adam that made, and still make me smile!


After our first Valentine's Day together I got a phone call from my mom. She was asking me about Adam and how I felt about him. In a sappy voice she said, "Are you in LOOOOVE?" What she did not know is Adam was sitting right next to me and could hear our entire conversation. I just giggled, and probably batted my eyelashes, and then said, "Let me call you back." Adam looked at me and said, "If my mom asked me if I was in LOVE do you know what I would tell her? ...YES!!" Then he proceeded to say I Love You and I did too!

After all these years (less than 4 actually) I love Adam more than ever. I do not show it like I should nor do I appreciate him like I should, but I do love everything about him. Yes, even his sports obsession! I love you Adam, Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Ooohhh! How can I not comment on this? Gotta admit the video made me a little teary-eyed. I love the story about the first "I love you." Little did we know with all our teasing about Adam taking forever to get married that his wait would result with such a catch! You guys both scored big time...love you both.

Bryce and Amy said...

AAWWW!! How sweet! Loved all your pictures.

Laura Call said...

What a sweet post! You guys are such a great couple and it makes us so happy to see Adam so happy with such an amazing family! I just loved seeing the video of the road you guys have traveled together... that was touching. The book you made for Adam before the "I love you" stage is amazing... I love all the little details you put in there. What great memories that will be for you guys to always look back on... and it's obvious you were in love with him even though you guys weren't saying it yet, which is even more sweet!

Elise said...

What a great story and pictures to go with it! Funny how some of the things that once made us smile are now some of the things we. . . umm. . . don't appreciate as much. :)

I think it is so great that Adam made sure to have someone capture your engagement moment! Love that.

Busy B Preschool said...

You guys are so cute. It is fun to reminisce about old times.

Coulio said...

Nora, you have the best way of making "cheesey" seem cool. You'll have to teach me someday. I LOVED this entry. It was better than watching a romantic comedy. I'm totally copying your smile book when I have someone. ADORABLE! Hope you guys are well!

Jen

Jen said...

I can just hear mom. Good story... glad you blogged about it. You've made a lot of cute/cheesy things over the years! You guys are cute together (most of the time!!!)

Heather said...

oh my gosh that book is SOO CUTE Nora! I love it!! I think were gonna try to make a trip to Cali in about a month or so with Melinda and Steve bo! I hope we get to see you!

daveandraechel said...

You guys are gross. and make the rest of us look bad.