Saturday, May 16, 2009

Surprise...I am 21!!

I have the sweetest husband! Last weekend he threw me a surprise party for my birthday... I am a whopping 30 years young. It was so thoughtful, I have never been so shocked and surprised in my entire life. I feel so LOVED! Funny thing, I had a dream the other night. I was at the grocery store and the the kids were acting out big time. This old man looks at me in total disgust, like this lady needs to get a handle on her kids. Then he asked "What, are you like 21?" as if only someone so young and immature would not be able to handle her children. I proudly responded, "Nooo! I'm THIRTY!!!!" It was as if I had it all under control and how dare he insult me and ask if I was only 21. Then I woke up... to a screaming baby... and I was still 30, not 21...!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Cute cake Adam picked out. What a sweet husband to plan that for you. I'm impressed it all came together. I wish I could have been there to celebrate. One of these birthday's we really should celebrate together.

Eliza said...

haha...I love it. Sometimes I wonder when I get sympathetic looks from people (or the ever-popular "You sure have your hands full!") how old they think I am. I used to look younger than my age, but I'm thinking the dark circles and mom haircut aren't really working for me anymore...

grannybabs said...

30 is way young - enjoy it!!

I remember when my brother-in-law turned 30 - he was the oldest of all of us - and we really thought he was ancient.

Hmm - perspectives really change don't - but you could easily pass for 21!!