Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Maui

Nothing quite like a "family reunion" in HAWAII of all places. This trip has been in the works for over a year. The plan was to have all the Koch kids and their spouses meet in Hawaii for a week of family fun. Well, I got pregnant and since my due date was so close to the trip date we decided not to go. Then, a few weeks ago, the plan changed... My mom and sister offered to take Charlie for the week and we decided that traveling with a newborn was WAY easier than with a toddler. So we were off... Here's the gang (Ginger, Taylor, and Julie - we missed you guys.)
What a wonderful trip. It was so great to spend time with family in such a beautiful place. This is the view from our hotel balcony.
We took a day trip and drove the Hana Highway with everyone. We stopped for some banana bread along the way, splashed around in some "pools", and checked out the breathtaking scenery.

Don't be fooled, I am not that tough! This jump took place after a good 10-15 minutes of coaxing. I am really wimping out in my old age.
It was awesome to see Adam so happy spending time with his brothers. It was one sarcastic comment after the next, but lots of brotherly love!

June was a trooper. She slept on the plane, hung out in style at the pool (see above picture), and cried like a newborn at night. The best part was she was able to meet her older, wiser cousins Shea (4 months) and Clare (5 months). I had to laugh because I figured this is probably the only time in June's life that she will be smaller and weigh less than either of them!
The three little ladies taking in the chill aloha spirit in their Hawaiian dresses.
We went to a magic show one night. I was thinking, isn't that something you do in Vegas, not Hawaii? But it ended up being so cool, it was more of a comedy show. The magician was so entertaining and witty. For sure a night to remember!
Thanks again to our babysitters Michael and Tom!
The nursing mothers feeding their young.
One morning the more adventurous crew went on a bike ride along the outside of a volcano.
Adam saw this house along the way and said he would buy it for me someday. Yeeeees!
Our constant entertainment... Mikey!
Until next time Hawaii... "Cry for the fishes, cry for the sea..."

7 comments:

Shelley said...

In the words of tiny Rachel, "Lets do it again!!!!" Ask her if you don't know the story.

Amy said...

Yay! Glad you guys could come, just in the nick of time. The photo of Tom and Michael with the babies is my favorite.

Lisa said...

Looks like so much fun. I love the picture of the three little girls in their dresses. So cute!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Ahhhh! it looks like so much fun! Maybe I can convince my family to have a reunion in Hawaii!

Desirae Badger said...

Where was Charlie in all of this vacationing? If you left him home with a sitter, that was probably a wise idea!

Rachel B. said...

I am indeed crying for the fishes and crying for the sea and missing Hawaii. We had lots of fun with you guys. Also, I'm going to maybe steal a couple pictures from you (naked Mikey, etc). So let's now hear about your big 30th birthday!

Tam Bell said...

Your trip looked awesome. Brad and I actually went to Maui a couple of years ago. I know exactly the magic show you were talking about. It was amazing!!!