Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

What a fun Halloween. It really seemed like the Halloween celebrations lasted all month long. It all started with the inspiration for this years costumes. I found a super cute shark costume for Charlie and then decided that Adam and I could be fishermen and June could be a fish. Well, after about three weeks of trying to get Charlie to put on the shark, he was NOT having it! So onto plan B. Charlie could be a fisherman and I would be a mermaid. Perfect! Charlie liked the idea of carrying a fishing pole and wearing his rain boots. My costume was out of control but I loved every minute I was in it. The crazy looks I got, the shinning, blinding colors, the hot wig, I loved it all! I felt like Ariel from The Little Mermaid, all I wanted to do was dance around and sing, "Ahh-ahh-ah... a-a-ahh-ahh-ah..."
The "catch of the day." Fisherman Adam is always a good sport with my costumes ideas and June-bug made such an adorable fish.
Charlie LOVED eating the donuts off the tree. The game was meant to be done without any hands but as you can see that was way too hard. Charlie dove right in!
Looks like Logan was a fan of the donuts too!
Fisherman Charlie with his buddy Max (Grant).
Reagan was so sweet to share her gigantic cupcake with Charlie...
He was in heaven!

4 comments:

grannybabs said...

Are you sure you're not a Cornwall??

Or is "theme" dressing "de rigeur" these days?

Whatever it is, you do a great job!!

Rachel B. said...

Nora, you crack me up! I LOVE your getup...simply glamorous my darling! So you said you've been sewing like a mad woman--does that mean you made June's fish costume too? You are amazing if you did. You're amazing anyway though. :) We did a family costume this year and Eric's first comment was, "That's such a Koch thing!" Hopefully we will have made you proud!

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

Great costumes! It looks like you all had a great time!

eli&joelynn said...

Juse got all caught up on your halloween festivities and I loved every minute! You guys sure know how to party!!