Saturday, February 20, 2010

Lazy bones.

I have no motivation to work-out. I really do not think I could even run a mile right now if I wanted to. Here we are at Adam's half-marathon last month. After seeing all the runners cross the finish line I was determined to pick up running. It is the perfect form of exercise. The kids could go with me and it is quick and to the point. The only thing is I don't know if I am cut out to be a runner. A few years ago my sister broke her foot. When the doctor looked at the x-ray he asked if she had a difficult time running. She said, "Not really, but my husband always makes fun of the way I run." Then the doctor told her she has an extra bone in her foot. Interesting. Adam makes fun of the way I run too, so maybe this extra bone thing runs in the family. Really, I am probably just looking for an excuse. I think I need to put the plate of cookies down, get my booty off the couch, and go for a run...

6 comments:

Riewerts' said...

adam you look so happy...was it because you blew away my half marathon time. 1:48:49 here I come...

Ben Martino said...

funny, b/c ben thinks i run funny too. maybe we all have that extra bone

Jen said...

The doc actually said when looking at the x-ray, "you're not a very good runner, right?" That's when Ryan just laughed!

Desirae said...

What's wrong with being Adam's #1 cheerleader? And, you forgot to mention that your swimming skills make up for the running thing.

Amy said...

Congrats on your half marathon, Adam! I'm with you, Nora. Maybe we'll get there one day...

Momoo Sherie said...

Good job Adam! Nora, how about just riding your bike. You could haul the kids around with that too.