Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Irish Jig.

So, if this is your first year joining us for the jig, here's the history... I must have learned the jig in elementary school but I have no recollection as to where or when. All I know is that with a tune so catchy, it was ingrained in my mind forever. Growing up, my family had me "perform" it every year on St. Patrick's Day. When I got married SOMEONE did not find the humor in my famous jig. So I did what most respectful wives would do... I posted in on our blog http://kochomo.blogspot.com/2008/03/my-favorite-holiday.html Then last year I was 9 months pregnant so I had to do it again http://kochomo.blogspot.com/2009/03/jiggity-jig.html Now, it's tradition. Humiliation you ask? No such thing for me. My poised, sensible, husband on the other hand, he gets embarrassed by it all... which is why I continue to do it! HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY.


17 comments:

Emily said...

My favorite of all. After watching with Gracie 6 times, I had to tell her "enough". Love your accent, Junes hat, and Charlies round about dance! Thanks for never letting us down Lassie!

Heather said...

oh my gosh! I look forward to watching your jig every year! This is SOOO stinkin cute! I love that you have 2 new additional back up dancers. SO cute!
ps- Tell Adam to not be embarrassed! haha.

Jen said...

SO CUTE!!! I know deep down Adam LOVES it!

Rachel B. said...

I've been looking forward to this all week! Thanks for not letting me down!

grandma graham said...

Nora Elizabeth, You're the best!! I LOVE " THE IRISH JIG " !!! I especially LOVE the two new Leprechauns joining with you!!! XOXO

Sarah said...

I'm so glad to have the jig on RECORD! The leprechauns have been very busy at my house, and I was remembering my fun-loving roomie with a fun St. Patty's song. AND HERE IT IS - RECORDED! I don't have to remember it - cuz you've posted it.Brings back good memories Miss N
Nora. You're awesome.

Jeff and Stephanie said...

Oh Nora! This might have been the best one yet! I love it and love that I got to spend time with my friend today!

grannybabs said...

I'm not even Irish and I love it!! What teacher taught it to you??

Stevie and Melinda said...

LOVE IT!!! I seriously was at BYU today and randomly remembered the song! I've been looking forward to watching it all day!!!

Dawn said...

I was wondering if I was going to see that today....ahh, just made my st. patty's!! We'll have to do disneyland again soon, when it's not 1000 degrees and packed w/people!!

C4 McKendrick said...

I forgot, what's SPD w/o the Irish Jig by Nora on her bloggggg???
-Calvin

Established Feb 2, 2007 said...

I look forward to it every year!!!

Monica said...

Happy St. Patricks Day! I just LOVE that! It's very fitting for you! :)

Your family is so cute-and growing up too! I often check your blog, but obviously don't leave comments too much. Just wanted to let you know that I love reading about your life/kids!

Shelley said...

love it!!!!

Desirae said...

Wow. Another year, another jig. This year you've really stepped it up with a camera man, Leprochans-in-training, and additional patty's day party gear. I love that the post was already up and running at 8AM.

Elise said...

Best one yet! Makes all the difference having the kiddos do it with you (not that your other ones weren't good of course). Crack up!

Momoo Sherie said...

Charlie did such a good job. How cute! Maybe next year you can get the WHOLE family to join in. I really want to see that one! At least the party pooper is holding the camera this year.