Thursday, May 6, 2010

Home sweet home.

I went on a little get-away last weekend (all the way up to hotel Graham's in Monrovia). Adam asked what I wanted for my birthday and I told him "A DAY OFF!" So I went to my mom's house, worked on a few projects, shopped, went out to a peaceful dinner, got a pedicure, and had two full nights of uninterrupted sleep. It was heaven. I do love my crazy adorable kids and sweet husband... sometimes it just takes a weekend away to remember just how much!
This was my birthday note Adam helped Charlie with while I was gone. (Looks a bit more like a science experiment entitled "How healthy are your child's snacks?") Sweet though.
Charlie took this picture of Adam and I on my birthday. I love this picture! I think I love the fact that when I look at it I see Charlie with the camera up to his nose saying "cheeese".

7 comments:

Jeff, Erin, Macy, Owen& June said...

That sounds like the PERFECT birthday gift!

Ben Martino said...

That was the perfect gift! I love the last picture. It's totally Charlie's view of you both. You can tell how happy you are that he's taking your picture.
~Emily

Rachel B. said...

Glad you had a good birthday! That day sounds like heaven. And well deserved! The card is adorable.

Desirae said...

It was fun to see you on your day and I'm glad it was a happy one. I love the weekend getaway idea! The card seemed to acknowledge well that you do a great job keeping things organized and people happy at home. It probably took them a couple days off to appreciate you more just as it did you to love them even more. And thanks for the Mother's Day tips too - I'll just might steal the idea of kiddie cards and flowers for my mom next year too!

Amy said...

Oh drat! I am getting worse and worse with birthdays. Happy belated b-day, Nora! I hope you had a fun day. It sounds like the perfect get-away. There's no place like home, right? I hope you were spoiled rotten in all your favorite ways. What a great idea to have a "day off."

Ginger said...

That picture in the bathtub is PRICELESS!!! Your kids are adorable....your husband is awesome (BTW, happy belated b-day), and you are an AMAZING sister in-law. I'm very happy you two found each other.

grandma graham said...

Nora, I loved spending the weekend with you!!!! Tons of FUN!!!!XOX Great picture taking Charlie boy!! I LOVE YOU XOX