Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dadoo.


Adam's dad (aka: Dadoo) is known for his generosity and kindness. He takes the family on lavish vacations like resorts in Colorado and islands in Hawaii. But the family jokes about the things he does not like paying for, such as a beverage other than water or a dinner other than Taco Bell. So, Momoo brought some of the kids down for a little trip to Disneyland (and Dadoo was convinced to come too). We had just finished eating outside of the park when Ben, Charlie, and Reese were mesmerized by a "balloon-man" working nearby. My thought was "Sweet, free entertainment while I finish eating." Before I knew it Charlie was running up to me with a huge grin on his face holding a Spiderman balloon. Then he said "Dadoo, got us all balloons!" I am guessing they were probably at least $8 each... for a balloon! I am not sure who was happier that night, the kids, the balloon-man, or Dadoo.
(We love you Dadoo. You are an amazing dad, father-in-law, and grandpa. I am so grateful that Adam has learned how to treat his wife based on your example of love, patience, and selflessness.)

1 comment:

Momoo Sherie said...

Who was that man? It must have been "the magic of Disneyland"! Something happened to Richard that day. After you left that night, he was telling Disneyland jokes to the grandkids. He said he heard them from the tram driver, but I think he was so caught up in "the magic of Disneyland", that he secretly googled "Disneyland jokes" on his Iphone. WAY TO GO DADOO!!