Monday, October 19, 2009

The Miramar Air Show

Every year the Miramar Air Station puts on an air show for the public. For those Tom Cruise fanatics, like Adam, this is "where they filmed the greatest movie of all time," Top Gun! The highlight was the Navy Blue Angels, "not quite what the Thunderbirds of Nellis AFB in Las Vegas were" (Adam again), but still pretty impressive. Here's a few pics of the day:
One sweet lookin' airplane.
A number of extremely loud planes equals one traumatized/dramatic little boy.
Two cute dudes in a gigantic plane.
The "reunion" shot.
The Blad's.
Ryan was very thirsty by the end of the show.
1/2 of the Ebmeyer's
The Koch's
One sleepy head... the loud planes must have put her to sleep!

The gals.
The stud muffins.

2 comments:

Bryce and Amy said...

I LOVE the Miramar Airshow. My dad and I went to it every year. I even took a boyfriend once when I was 16. I must admit though, I've always like the Blue Angels a little bit more than the Thunderbirds, but they're both pretty cool. We just saw the Thunderbirds earlier this year at Hill AFB. Much of their routine is exactly how I remembered it from 10 years ago. Is that top picture of picture of the AV-8B Harrier? That is a cool angle but it's hard for me to tell exactly what plane it is. My 2nd son is as nuts about planes as I am.

Desirae said...

You know that the Miramar AFB is like 5 minutes from our place, right? I guess I'll have to forgive you someday! Anyway, we wanted to see the blue angels too, but couldn't work out the scheduling details. I hear it's SUPER crowded and takes forever to get in and out of with the shuttle bus or whatever. I didn't want to be there all day either. So, we went to a big park by our house and saw the blue angels there. They are so awesome! Ahhh the joys of living near an airforce base (unending LOUD noises, especially from the jets!) We were near one in Louisiana too and we saw huge black B-52's flying over us all the time. And yes, kids do learn to sleep through the loud noise, amazingly! Sounds like fun!